Blessings to you,
The way forward centers around our mission as a church: Our mission is to lead people into a deep relationship with Jesus and form them in His character through the power of the Holy Spirit.
The three main ways we are formed in the image of Christ are:
1. Intimacy with Jesus
2. Loving Community
3. Compassionate Mission
Everything we do as a church will be focused on these three areas. Our next steps forward in these three areas are:
Intimacy with Jesus
- Discipleship Essentials- Doing each week's lesson prayerfully expecting God to teach you and to grow you in the knowledge of Him and His Word. Meditating on and memorizing each week's memorization verse.
- Prayer Helps- Using the prayer helps that I have been and will give to deepen your prayer life
- Being in Scripture on a Regular Basis
- Living in the truth that there is nothing more important in your life than cultivating an intimate relationship with Jesus
- Discipleship Essential Groups- Everyone being involved in and participating in one of these groups
- Praying for Each Other- The importance having time set aside during the groups to pray for one another and then continuing to pray for each other during the week. There's nothing that bonds a community of God's people together like praying for each other.
- Dinners for Eight- Having this on a more regular basis
- Palm Sunday on the Lawn and Easter- Prayerfully consider who God might be leading you to invite (friends, family, neighbors, etc.)
- Family Promise
- Sign Advertising Holy Week
- Ways to Further Serve and Reach Out to the Preschool and the Preschool Parents
1. Coming and Supporting the Open House (March 26).
2. I will be handing out water bottles to preschool parents, with the dates for our services on Holy Week attached, inviting parents to come to one or more of these services.
3. Being a part of helping to renovate the preschool floors on April 1.
- Servant Evangelism- Free Car Wash (late spring or early summer)
- Welcome Wagons to New Families in the Area
- Door Hanger Packets Inviting Our Neighbors to Our Church
- Awana (Vera has been doing an awesome job leading this for our church and as an outreach to families in our community)
- The Council and I will be meeting on March 28 with the new Associate Superintendent for the PSWC, Pat Stark.
- Ed Salas- Spiritual Formation Pastor at Newsong Church and current member at River47. Ed is very experienced in training people in how to pray. He will be helping to lead us on a prayer walk around our campus the morning of April 29, leading a 6 hour prayer training class called Living Supernaturally (on June 17), leading a 24-hour Silent Retreat (probably early fall), and preaching on March 26.